Midcoast Area Events
Friday 15 December -
Friday 22 December 2017
'Imagine all the people living life in peace'
* Friday December 15 Holiday Art & Maker Pop-Up 9 am to 6 pm Curated work by midcoast artists and makers includes tableware, bags, jewelry, letterpress cards, photography and handmade books. 11 am to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday. Steel House, Main St., Rockland. Harbor Square Gallery Open House 4-8 pm All welcome to Main Street Gallery for art, jewelry, holiday cheer and prosecco. Quilted Wall Hangings Artist Emily Horne Jeffries with first smaller-scale pieces. Show up through January 5th. Good Tern Co-op Café. Pinwheel Brothers 7 pm-9 pm String trio bring their show to Rock City Café, free. 594-4123. Living Room Circus 8-11 pm Band returns to perform 90s alternative rock covers at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery, Main St., Rockland. Creatures of Habit 9 pm Band kicks off weekend long celebration as Time Out Pub celebrates its 20th Anniversary. Main St., Rockland.
* Saturday December 16 Winter Wassail 2-5 pm Annual solstice and holiday celebration, featuring indoor and outdoor activities. Campfires will burn all day and Wassail (hot mulled cider) at Merryspring Nature Center, Camden. Welsh Christmas 3 pm A Child’s Christmas in Wales read by Erika Pfander and Peter Jenks. Live music, tea and scones. Free, donations accepted. Episcopal Church of St. John Baptist, 200 Main St., Thomaston. Mt. View Chamber Singers 4 pm Celebrated chorus sings carols in the round. CDs sold. Donations accepted to cover choir expenses. John Street Methodist Church, Camden. Barroom Messiah 4:30 pm Open sing along. Arrive at 2:30 to rehearse. Performance at 4:30. Free, contributions welcome. Fog Bar and Café, Rockland. Chanukah Celebration 5-7 pm Adas Yoshuron Synagogue invites community to celebrate with traditional Jewish music, Israeli dancing, menorah lighting, latke bar and crafts. $10 adults/Free, under 13. Rockport Opera House. Shepherds and Kings 6:30 Christmas musical on faith, hope and love in action. Warren Baptist Church, 166 Main St. Rusty Hinges 7-9 pm Local band plays range of folk, including sea shanties, fiddle tunes, oldies and bluegrass. Rock City Café, free. 594-4123. The Good Guys 8-11 pm Duo plays hard rock to tear-jerking soft rock and beyond. Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery, Main Street.
* Sunday December 17 Sunday Jam 1:30-4 pm Musicians and singers gather each week informally at Sail, Power & Steam Museum, Sharp’s Point, Rockland. 701-5050. CMCA Sunday Salon 3-5 pm Artist talk with Stephanie Cardon, Lisa Kellner, Loretta Park and Emilie Stark-Menneg - all featured in the ongoing Materiality exhibition. Free with CMCA admission/Members free. By the Bay Jazz 5-7 pm Local jazz trio and vocalist Cindy Millar perform standards and Latin rhythm songs. Flatbread Company, Rockport.
* Monday December 18 Fog Open Mic 8-11 pm Join the party every Monday, no cover. Host Blind Albert. Fog Bar and Café, 328 Main St. Rockland.
* Tuesday December 19 Rotary Time 3-4 pm & Happy Hour WRFR 4-6 pm Join DJ Chuckee as he gears up for the solstice on How Do Winter on Rotary Time followed by a seasonal ride on the Yule Tidal Wave on Longest Hour In Radio™. 21st Century Bohemian WRFR 6-8 pm Featuring conversation, exploration and celebration of all things creative! This week host Teresa Piccari welcomes Kathleen P. Brown, Costume Designer & Clothier. Fossil Fuel Talk 7 pm Bruce Cole (Camden Conference Board President) on how his family reduced its carbon footprint by 70 percent. Camden Library. Revolutionary Author Talk 7 pm Activist and TED speaker Alex Myers on his historical fiction novel based on a female ancestor who joined US Army disguised as a man to fight for American Revolution. Community Messiah Sing 7:30 pm Conductor Anthony Antolini directs Down East Singers and public who would like to sing. Non-singers invited to attend 5 pm rehearsal for musicians and soloists. Episcopal Church of St. John Baptist, Thomaston. FMI 832-1775.
* Wednesday December 20 Rockland Metro WRFR 5-6 pm. Discussion on topics of local concern. Check out The Buzz online and on newsstands around town. To join on air conversation, call 593-0013. To join the roundtable dinner symposia (limited to 12) following the show: email firstname.lastname@example.org. Rock Harbor Open Mic A place for local musicians to be seen and heard. Bring instruments, drummers need only their sticks! Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery provides the rest.
* Thursday December 21 Thursday Jam 6 pm Players and listeners welcome to weekly venue. St. George River Café, Warren. Holiday Fun 6:30-9 pm Cookies, caroling and garden shed celebration. Appleton Library. Non-traditional Sing Along 6:30 pm Carney Doucette accompanied by Sojourner Hodges. Lyric sheets provided for public who wish to join in. Rockland Library. Open Mic 7-10 pm At Gelato Rose, sign-up sheet circulates at 6:30. With Blind Albert. Main St., Rockland.
* Friday December 22 Alex Bigney 7-9 pm Classically-trained harpist with an affinity for Celtic music plays Rock City Café, free. 594-4123. Jonesville 8-11 pm Acoustic duo, with a focus on vocals & harmonies, plays Adele to Zeppelin. Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery, Main Street, Rockland.
Thanks to Teresa for Making this Calendar!