Midcoast Area Events
Friday 22 September -
Friday 29 September 2017
Welcome To Autumn
* Friday September 22 Artist Constance Kiermaier 5-7 pm Leads a Walk & Talk show on her art show spanning her career on display at Bartlett Woods, Rockland. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gouache Intro 5:30-8:30 pm Kim Nicooll gives class on water medium. $45. The Art Loft, Rockland. artloftrockland or 200-7915.
Cindy Millar & By the Bay Trio 7 pm Jazz from American Songbook, and Latin rhythm standards. Rock City Café, free. 594-4123. Buddhist Talk 7:30 pm Shastri Nick Kranz, senior Buddhist teacher, presents Social Meditation: A Practice for Our Times at Rockland Shambhala, School St. Free. Hip Hop w/Blue Heff WRFR 8-10 pm Join Mateo Mendoza as he shows you the world of Hip Hop.
* Saturday September 23 Beam Me Up WRFR 4-5 pm Paul Cole discusses cutting edge science and research and how it might influence future science fiction. He also reads science fiction stories on the air. Sea Glass Jewelry 6-8 pm Caitlin Meservey leads session on wire-wrapped jewelry. $35. The Art Loft, Rockland. artloftrockland or 200-7915. Khalif Neville 7 pm With his newest release, Discerning the Transmudance, son of New Orleans’s Charles Neville throws a new twist on some classics. Rock City Café, free. 594-4123. Aztec Two-Step 7:30 pm Rock-folk duo Rex Fowler (Maine native) & Neal Shulman bring their Classic Duos show to The Strand Theatre, Rockland. $25 advance/$30 show day.
Sunday September 24 CMCA Sunday Salon 3 pm Michael Mansfield, executive director and curator at Ogunquit Museum of American Art, on video art in exhibitions. Free to members/public with CMCA admission. The Vinyl Hour 8-10 pm DJ Kyle Swan plays only vinyl. With turntables spinning, he travels back in time, “letting the tone arm gently ride the groove.”
* Monday September 25 Lindsay Weaver & 24thSt. Wailers 7 pm Play Monday Night Blues. Time Out Pub, Rockland. $10 at door. Professor Bop WRFR 7-9 pm Host Ronald Van Heeswijk explores Bebop, featuring Bird, Diz, Monk, Fats, Klook and Bud, among others.
* Tuesday September 26 Native Groundcovers Noon Hildy Ellis on native groundcovers and lawn alternatives. $5/members free at Merryspring Nature Center, Camden. merryspring.org or 236-2239. Joy of Collage 1:30-3 pm Deborah Stevenson leads class in unleashing and exploring sprit of play through collage. $45. The Art Loft, Rockland. artloftrockland or 200-7915. Happy Hour WRFR 3-6 pm Join DJ Chuckee for the “Longest Hour in Radio™” program. 21st Century Bohemian WRFR 6-7 pm Weekly show on creativity. This week host Teresa Piccari welcomes local writer Gin Mackey, author of the mysteries Disappear Our Dead and Suddenly Spying. Midcoast Craftswomen 7 pm Sandy Weisman, artist/poet/bookmaker, presents book arts talk. Camden Library, free. Open Mic 7-10 pm At Gelato Rose, each Tuesday. 438 Main Street, Rockland.
* Wednesday September 27 Rockland Metro WRFR 5-6 pm. Lively discussion on topics of local Food Sovereinity. Check out The Buzz online or each Friday on newsstands around town. To join on air conversation, call 593-0013. To participate in studio conversation, email email@example.com. Kindling Fund 6-7 pm Info session on Maine artist grants. Deadline to apply, Oct. 22. Free at CMCA, Rockland. Matinicus Wannabe WRFR7-9 pm Lock Kiermaier plays eclectic mix of music he loves. Rock, country, bluegrass, soul, R&B, folk and whatever else he’s into on any given Wednesday.
* Thursday September 28 The Rogue Planet WRFR 4-5 pm Hosted by Robert Lichtman, featuring music, words, ideas and dreams. Author Jim Krosschell 7 pm On his book of essays (with illustrations) One Man’s Maine. Camden Library.
* Friday September 29 Birding by Habitat 9-11 am Launch of 3 consecutive Fridays with bird rehabilitator Shelley Spanswick. $35 for the 3 weeks. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org Held at Merryspring Nature Center, Camden. Love My Library WRFR 10-11 am Host Jo Lindsay welcomes staff from the Camden, Rockland and Rockport public libraries to talk about upcoming events in the month ahead. Last Friday of every month! Paint Night 6-8 pm Angela Anderson leads class in Anchor by the Sea piece. $35. The Art Loft, Rockland. artloftrockland or 200-7915. Wax Wings 7 pm Cast of musicians, actors, dancers and artists in in show created by Kathryn Oliver & Kristi Williamson. Saturday & Sunday at 3 pm. $20 Camden Opera House. Tickets: waxwingtheater.com.
Submit Events to WRFRevents@gmail.com
Thanks to Teresa for Making this Calendar!